Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Layout

Hey, I revamped my old layout after realizing that it was a little bland. This new layout uses one of the provided background pictures because I haven't found one of my own that I like enough yet, but keep checking and hopefully soon I'll have a completely original background.

In other news I was learning about bacteria in microbiology and was amazed by the number of opportunistic pathogens there are, and how these horrifying diseases are literally surrounding us and only our competent immune systems are keeping us safe. Also I finished comparative animal physiology lab yesterday which is why I'm free right now =^). However I have a really important paper due in one of my classes next week and I should probably be working on that, not to mention my exam on Thursday.

I am a member of the UMBC SGA specifically the supreme court. We serve as Judge Advocates serving both to help students and hear petitions about SGA or organizations on campus. My specific initiative has been redrafting the procedural rules for the Supreme Court which will hopefully be passed early next semester. While I know that few of you are likely UMBC students if you are I would encourage you to consider applying to our branch of the SGA. If you want to know more you can leave a comment or message me and I'll give you the rest of the details.

As my semester comes to an end it's hard not to look forward to the future and next semester. I have a phenomenal schedule next semester with classes on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and no classes starting before 1PM. Hopefully I can utilize the extra time to find a job to start saving for medical school and working on my INDS capstone proposal on biopsychosocial health at UMBC. Many of my good friends are graduating and I'm not sure what next year will be like, but I'm not really worried (I was really tempted to make a Counting Crows reference there).

I know this post is getting quite long, but in America Osama Bin Laden was recently killed by the American military. While this is a large improvement in the "War on Terror" I don't feel right celebrating his death. This is primarily because of my views on right and wrong and personal understanding of good and evil. While I would never condone the actions of Bin Laden it is in my eyes no more correct to rejoice in his death than it was for Al Qaeda to rejoice the deaths of many Americans. To get back to studying I'm going to hold discussion of my beliefs on right and wrong or good and evil to next post.

Question of the day: Do you see video games as a good or bad thing? Why?
My answer next time.

Also sorry for the lack of an interesting fact but I really need to start studying.

1 comment: